Tuesday 5 April 2011

Using Sharing Resources

At first the idea of using any other social networking media site other than the usual 'Facebook' and 'Hotmail' seemed like a daunting prospect, we all seem to have this hidden fear of stepping out into 'cyberland' unknown and trying out new things to enable us to keep intouch with friends, colleagues and in this instance fellow students and tutors. So at the start of this module when we were asked to create an account using 'delicious' I was unsure what to expect or even what or where to begin with it all! I never though I would understand how it all worked and after a couple of attempts I had a breakthrough and managed to find lots of useful documents and links to articles and work related to my subject of looking into dance in education and many other dance related items which have saved me so much time reading through endless pages of books to find just one sentence that could be useful! 'Delicious' and other bookmarking websites has been extremely helpful towards giving my research project a bit more of a direction and looking into other literature or texts out there that are related to my project. There are also online instant messaging and communication tools and programs such as 'Skype' and 'MSN Messenger' to name just a few that I have used and which have allowed me to easily contact co-workers, tutors and peers to discuss issues and topics relating to my research project. I found this site particularly useful when I was first starting to use the site and it really helped me alot to get started on 'Delicious' http://www.mahalo.com/how-to-use-delicious-like-a-pro/

1 comment:

  1. Zoe

    I agree wwithn you that these tools are really helpful in keep in contact with peers in year and also we able to ask questions to eacth other about the work, where as noraml we would have to wait till are next session or when we see someone so i really do believe that these tools have been a big help.

    Murat

    ReplyDelete